Women own or co-own 45% of all businesses in the United States. These businesses represent all types of industries and are owned by all types of women. The majority are small, with great potential for growth in both revenues and job creation. The SBA is excited to provide this educational offering, packed with in-depth information to help you grow your business.
Ascent is divided into major topics called Journeys, developed by experts in women’s entrepreneurship. You choose any journey to start and skip the ones you already know. Within each Journey, you’ll find Excursions with the tools you need to master a topic. Each Excursion includes a time estimate for completion. You’re the boss of when and how to apply these tools to your business.
Some of the things you can explore through excursions are:
- Exercise and tools – Learn and apply growth practices to your business.
- Fireside chats – Learn from experts about how women grow their businesses.
- Infographics – Gain a snapshot view of growth concepts.
- Success stories – Be inspired by stories from real-world entrepreneurs.
- Discussion guides – Use questions to stimulate thinking for you, your advisors or team.
- Videos – Grasp key concepts in just minutes.
- Key insights – Understand key topics to support your business growth.
- Self-assessments – Benchmark your current practices through self-focused inventories.